Bridge the Gap Youth Rugby Grant
The Canadian Rugby Foundation (CRF) recognizes the important role clubs play in developing
the rugby stars of tomorrow and fuelling the fire of grassroots rugby which sustains our
high performance programs and increases membership in rugby across the country.
However, clubs face barriers when developing their youth programs and the CRF would like to
support those clubs that have taken the extra effort to “Bridge the Gap”.
Committed to ensuring youth rugby programs flourish and clubs are supported in their
development endeavours, the CRF is awarding a grant up to $6,000 to clubs that implement local
or regional projects and or events that diminish barriers and make rugby more accessible to
youth. This amount is subject to reduction based on number of successful applicants. The CRF loves rugby and we want to see more Canadian youth choosing rugby as their #1 sport and reaping the benefits and embracing the positive core values of this great team sport.
The Canadian Rugby Foundation will provide a grant under this program to clubs that meet the
The club must be doing at least one of the following:
• Organizing a youth rugby event for U6, U8, U10, U12, U14 athletes
ie. tour, local jamboree, tournament
• Establishing and implementing a strategic plan for a youth rugby project
ie. academy, summer camps
Clubs must have already put thought, time effort and finances into their youth rugby programs
only use funds for youth rugby programs.
The Canadian Rugby Foundation would like to support clubs involved with helping expand
the game of rugby to inner cities, First Nations communities, and remote locations.
Eligible Clubs will:
• Be registered with their provincial union and Rugby Canada (in good standing)
• Have a youth rugby program (U6, U8, U10, U12, U14)
1. Complete Application Questionnaire
2. Unsuccessful applicants may reapply in a subsequent year.
3. Successful recipients may reapply in a subsequent year for continuing assistance at a lower level.
4. An electronic photograph of youth program must be e-mailed to email@example.com
5. The award recipient must agree to have the program photograph publicized. The club
must be prepared to promote the bursary as requested.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2014
Mail and/or email the completed Application Questionnaire to:
150 – 805 Cloverdale Ave.